5 O' Clock Friday
Watermelon Mint Julep with Jourdan Fairchild
Jourdan Fairchild is a writer and editor currently located in Chicago, IL.
- 2 oz bourbon
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. water
- 5 sprigs fresh mint
- 6 cubes fresh seedless watermelon
- Muddle sugar and water together with watermelon in a glass.
- Drop in all but one sprig of mint; using muddler or the back of a spoon, press mint lightly to release oils.
- Add bourbon and mix well with ice cubes.
- Strain over crushed ice.
- Garnish with remaining mint.