Refined statement pieces are Brooklyn based Stanmore jewelry's speciality. Founder and designer Catherine Alexander started the line in 2011 after years of working in the TV and movie industry, she realized her true passion was design and working with her hands and Stanmore was born!
7 things to know about Cat Alexander of Stanmore Jewelry
1. I’ve always loved designing, building and working with my hands and working with metal on a small scale was intensely satisfying.
2. Greenpoint, Brooklyn is a big clubhouse network – everyone knows someone who knows someone who knows someone who can help you out with whatever project you’re working on. We all want to help each other succeed and it really makes a huge difference when you’re throwing your heart and soul out there for the world to see.
3. Stand out with simplicity!
4. The Maya Ball Ring is one of my favorite pieces from this collection. Any stone, any metal; no matter what it’s a showstopper.
5. If I wasn't a jewelry designer, I'd be a food critic!
6. Running a business is one of the most difficult things anyone can ever do. Trying to balance that with staying creative and inspired is that much harder.
7. For inspiration, I love sorting through old Vogue Collections Magazines or sitting at the public library sorting through images of fashion trends past. It’s so much fun and different ideas always spring up no matter how many times you’ve looked at the same image.