1/4 to 1/2 cup vodka (if you've had a long week) 1 long squeeze of a wedge of lime 4-6 ounces of ginger beer 1 or 2 drops bitters for a kick (I make my own, but any will do) Don't forget the copper mug!
1. Chill your copper mug in the fridge for 30 minutes.
2. Add all ingredients except the bitters to your cocktail shaker along with a couple of additional pieces of ice and shake vigorously for 10 seconds.
3. Pour mixture into your mug.
4. Top with a drop or two of bitters.
5. Add garnishes. I like a couple of mint leaves, a lime wedge, and a piece of ginger (candied or fresh) to give it extra kick.
6. Forget about any drama from the rest of the week!