WHO // Becca Waterloo
WHAT // Architect and Photographer
WHERE // Chicago
INSTAGRAM // @oolretaw
Taking inspiration from the series premiere of Mad Men, Chicagoan Becca Waterloo put a feminine twist on a classic bourbon cocktail just for us. Perfect for beating the summer heat, this boozy treat is the architect/photographer's go-to cocktail. And if you don't have the patience or the skill set to whip it up, head to your local watering hole and simply order a bourbon with lemon juice and any variation of thyme, sage, mint, or basil. But since we're fancy cats, we prefer to go the extra mile.
Bourbon Thyme Lemonade
- 2 oz bourbon
- 2 oz juice from lemon
- 2 oz water
- 1 oz honey-thyme simple syrup
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 or 6 thyme sprigs
2. Add the thyme sprigs and simmer on low heat for 5 minutes.
3. Remove from the heat and let cool.
4. Remove the thyme sprigs and pour into a jar. Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
2. Combine the bourbon, lemon juice, water, and honey-thyme simple syrup in a shaker filled with ice.
3. Stir until thoroughly combined.
4. Strain into prepared cocktail glass, garnish with a thyme sprig, and serve.