Casey Zhang is the senior manager of social media at Easy and also a part-time collaborator on furniture design studio, Studio Snng. When not working, Casey can be found growing her apartment's plant collection and listening to Drake on repeat. She currently lives in New York City, but comes from Texas, where she developed her love for Mexican food and spicy margaritas.
- 2 oz tequila
- 2 oz fresh grapefruit, juiced
- 1 oz fresh lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup light agave
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh ginger
- Grapefruit slices for garnish
- Salt (optional)
- Make the ginger agave syrup: add agave, ginger, and two tablespoons of water to a small saucepan. Simmer over medium heat for about two minutes. Cool down and strain.
- Salt your rim: run a lime across the rim of your glass and dip in a shallow dish of salt.
- Mix 1/2 teaspoon of ginger agave syrup with tequila, grapefruit juice, and lime juice in a shaker. Add ice and shake or stir.
- Pour the mixture into your glass and add grapefruit slices for garnish.