5 O' Clock Friday
Cantaloupe Ginger Cocktail with Kae Linh Ngo
Kae Linh Ngo is an aspiring graphic designer and publisher, as well as a thrift store enthusiast. Based in Vancouver, Canada, she is currently studying UX and Publishing at Simon Fraser University. While her interests involve riding, skipping, and sketching, you'll likely find her either cozying up in bed to a new anime series or destroying a bowl of miso ramen with extra egg. After a visit to Jack's Wife Freda in NYC for a cantaloupe aqua fresca, she's thrilled at the chance to share her vamped up recipe below.
- 1/2 ripe cantaloupe
- 1 tsp fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 oz Stoli vodka
- Fresh mint
- Mince a small thumb of ginger.
- Cut a cantaloupe in half and dish out the seeds.
- Scoop out one cantaloupe half and blend it with the ginger.
- Fill your glass with ice.
- Add 1 1/2 oz Stoli vodka.
- Add cantaloupe mix and give a quick stir.
- Garnish with fresh mint.