Maria Branco is a Portuguese American designer currently based in Houston, Texas. Trained in architecture and interior design, her body of work includes residential and commercial projects, botanic decor, prop styling, handmade ceramics, and jewelry. Maria was brought up in Lisbon, within a context of international diversity and diaspora, which contributed to a unique and eclectic personal style. When she’s not working or traveling, you’ll find her sitting at a table with loved ones, sharing stories and laughter over food and drinks.
Follow Maria on Instagram @maria__branco
Ingredients for a single cocktail:
- 2oz of bourbon
- 4oz of sweetened black tea
- 1 orange
- 2 lemons (one for garnish)
- 5 blackberries
- 4 mint springs
- 1 cinnamon stick
- To prepare the tea, bring water and black tea bags to a boil with sugar, orange peel, lemon peel, cinnamon stick, and mint leaves.
- Let the tea cool down for a while. Once the tea is at room temperature, fill a glass with ice, and pour 2oz of bourbon and 4oz of tea.
- Slice the remaining lemon into thin wheels, add two or three slices to your drink, and save a wheel to adorn the edge of the glass.
- To garnish your cocktail, add blackberries, mint springs, and the cinnamon stick, as you please.
- Take a sip and enjoy!