Chelsea Perryman is a visual merchandiser currently based out of Chicago. She spends most of her free time cooking and drinking with her close friends. When she doesn't have her head stuck in an interior design book, she's strolling through the contemporary art wing at AIC or at home watching horror movies with her boyfriend and cat, Mila. As of late, she has been spending most of her free time planning her move to Los Angeles come spring.
- 1 1/2 oz espadin mezcal
- 3/4 oz blackberry syrup
- 1/2 oz palo cortado sherry
- 1/2 oz lime juice
- Blackberries, mint bouquet, and charcoal sprinkle for garnish
- For the blackberry syrup: Combine one cup blackberries with one cup water and one cup sugar together in a pot. Bring to a boil and let simmer, tasting occasionally until the syrup has a strong blackberry flavor. Strain berries out of syrup. Store in the fridge.
- Mix mezcal, blackberry syrup, sherry, and lime juice.
- Shake and pour over ice.
- Garnish with blackberries, a bouquet of mint, and a sprinkle of charcoal.