Abby Carnevale is a New York City based jewelry designer who started her line in 2014 after working for Alyssa Norton and Joomi Lim. Her collection mixes silver and gold plating with rhinestones for a unique, sophisticated and eye-catching look. In her latest collection, A. Carnevale pairs a heavy chain with a delicate rhinestone or an oxidized chain with a bright stone. Inspired by an Audrey Hepburn film her latest collection has a vintage, 1957 style and vibe.
5 things to know about Abby Carnevale of A. Carnevale Jewelry
1. I love going to the antique flea markets to get inspiration from vintage jewelry and knick knacks. New York is filled with people from all over the world and living here you are lucky enough to see parts of other cultures through their art, food, dance and style
2. This collection was inspired by the film Funny Face, starring Audrey Hepburn. I love the way this film puts things in juxtaposition, strong yet delicate, sensible yet fashionable, New York vs. Paris.
3. My personal style is function meets fashion. My favorite thing to wear is a silk dress with tennis shoes.....and jewelry lots of jewelry.
4. We are slowly taking to steps to make our first promotional film and I see that getting bigger and bigger as the line grows.
5. Time is the greatest obstacle I face in my work.