Foe and Dear Jewelry is a romantic collection of delicate jewelry made from sterling silver and 14K gold. The line was started in 2009 by Katherine Huie in Brooklyn, NY. She has since relocated to Vancouver where she continues to work with pearls, opals, sapphires and semi-precious stones that keep her jewelry both feminine and affordable.
5 things to know about Katherine Huie of Foe and Dear Jewelry:
- It’s been almost 6 years since I began Foe and Dear. I currently live in Vancouver but before this, I was in Toronto where I graduated with a BA in fashion design. After graduating I relocated to Brooklyn, NY which is where I started Foe and Dear.
- Art, literature, interior design/decor, architecture and symbolism.....the list of where I seek inspiration goes on and on.
- Based on a career test I took in high school, my guidance counselor told me I was suited to be a pyro-technician. In a more likely scenario, I probably would have liked being a kindergarten teacher.
- You can’t rush something that you want to last forever. Creating a company from the ground up takes a lot of patience and persistence.. But it is so worth it.
- My style is 80% pajamas and my fiancés t-shirts, and 20% Rag and Bone.
all images @foeanddear