We’ve been inspired by the passion and action taken in support of the Black Lives Matter movement across the country over the past several days. We’ve been trying to figure out how we can help. We are taking action by donating to Campaign Zero, an organization that works to end police violence. We will also use this opportunity to further educate ourselves and reflect on how we can do better as a company and as a group of individuals who all want to be a catalyst for good.
We believe there is power in numbers and small changes lead to big results. With this thinking, we challenge our community to do one small thing starting today.
Feeling overwhelmed with what that thing should be? We hear you, here are some ideas based on what the Local Eclectic team is doing:
- Engage in open conversations about racism, inequality and privilege with the people in your life.
- Donate to one of these organizations: Campaign Zero, Black Lives Matter, Dream Defenders, Reclaim the Block, Black Visions Collective, Black Women's Blueprint
- Sign the Justice for George Floyd petition on Change.org and Justice for Big Floyd.
- Show your support for black-owned businesses.
- Write a letter to your state and local governments urging them to support criminal justice reform
- Educate yourself by listening to these podcasts: Code Switch, About Race Podcast, All of It / How to be an Antiracist
- Diversify your feed, follow these accounts: @mireillecharper @nowhitesaviours @laylafsaad @ibramxk @antiracismctr @wetheurban
In an effort to be more inclusive and support more Black women, and women of color, we're asking you to submit your favorite black jewelry designers, artists, writers, and creatives here.