Claire Finnegan is a freelance model and a stylist at Free People. She is also a full-time student at Columbia College while operating as an analyst for eContext, a top Artifical Intelligence firm in Chicago. Claire enjoys shopping, creating art, and spending time with friends and family. Post-graduation, she hopes to pursue a career in graphic design and fashion, areas that she can freely express herself creatively.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup sliced peeled fresh ginger
- 18 fresh mint leaves
- 6 (2 inch) blood orange rind strips
- 3 cups blood orange juice
- 3 cups club soda
- 6 blood orange wedges
- 6 mint sprigs
- Combine first three ingredients in a saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat; let stand for 15 minutes, then strain and discard solids.
- To prepare each mocktail, muddle three mint leaves and one rind strip in a cocktail shaker using the handle of a wood spoon.
- Add 2 1/2 tablespoons ginger syrup and 1/2 cup orange juice to shaker and shake well.
- Pour mixture into an ice-filled glass.
- Top with 1/2 club soda, stir, and garnish with an orange