Before we pile on the turtlenecks and scarves, we have some more important layers to discuss: chokers, chains, pendants, statements, and gems. This week we dive head first into Necklaces 101! Read on for our tips and tricks on how to expertly gild your décolleté.
1. Go Minimal. You don't always have to do the most, to do more! A simple choker, and a longer necklace with a pendant are a foolproof combo.
2. Pendant Party. Gold pendants are having a major moment right now! Warm up that neckline by layering one or two at different lengths. Add on a shorter chain or two for good measure.
3. Layer with Gemstones. Switch it up by adding gemstones to the mix! We love this combo of glowing moonstone, delicate CZ cross, and simple knot choker.
4. The Statement Maker. Layer on a few low key chains with a bolder piece, like the Fish Necklace, for added drama.
5. To the Max! Your final lesson in layering: go all the way. Not for the faint of heart, we are talking serious layering here. The whole crew: choker, pendant, gemstone, statement piece - any and all chains welcome!
Necklaces featured in this article, all Leah Alexandra:
A few more pro tips to keep those layers fresh:
- Mix metals! It doesn't hurt to throw a silver or white gold chain in the mix!
- Untangle often. Delicately separate your chains during your bathroom breaks, to avoid a tangled mess at the end of the day!
- Don't forget the earrings and rings! Stay tuned for future blog posts on how to incorporate your favorite rings and earrings into your new layered look!
Thanks for layering with us!