Grapefruit, Honey & Thyme Bourbon with Michelle Del Rio
After obtaining a degree in architecture, Michelle Del Rio decided that the architecture route wasn't for her. The almost 24-year-old decided to head back to the West Coast to pursue fashion design. She is a self-taught film photographer and uses photos to create an outlet for her daydreams. She resides in San Francisco for now.
- 2oz fresh grapefruit juice
- 1oz bourbon
- 1oz thyme simple syrup (1 cup water, 1 cup sugar or honey, 8-10 sprigs of thyme)
- Thyme and grapefruit wedge for garnish
- Optional: tonic for fizz
- To make simple syrup, let water and sugar (or honey) boil in a small saucepan, then add thyme and steep for 5-15 minutes. Keep checking the flavor to determine how strong you want it, then strain and put in a jar in the fridge. Good for 3-4 days.
- Mix and shake 1oz bourbon, 2oz fresh grapefruit juice, and 1oz thyme in a cocktail shaker.
- Pour into glass and top with tonic for fizz if desired.
- Garnish with thyme and grapefruit wedge.