Moonstones have been adored for centuries for their dreamy, iridescent glow. They're one of our personal fave gemstones, not only for their beauty, but also because they are known to bring peace, tranquility, and balance to the wearer. However, moonstones are a softer stone, meaning that they can be prone to scratching if not properly cared for. Below are our tips for cleaning and caring for moonstones so that they always maintain their pearly translucence and so you maintain your calm, cool vibes.
Moonstone Care Do's:
• Remove your moonstone jewelry when cleaning, showering, working out, and at night. Regular body oils, sweat, and lotion can build up quickly causing the stone to look matte in appearance.
• When storing your moonstone, wrap it in cloth to prevent scratching.
• When cleaning your moonstone jewelry, use a few drops of a mild dish soap and water. Soak the moonstone for two minutes, then gently buff dry with a super soft cloth.
Moonstone Care Don'ts:
• Be careful not to expose your moonstone jewelry to housekeeping cleaning products, harsh chemicals can dull moonstone.
• Do not use a chemical based jewel cleaner, opt for mild soap and water instead.