Sahar Habibi was only five years old when she first picked up a violin. Musically inclined from a very young age, she continued to foster her passion until transferring to Columbia College Chicago and enrolling in DJing classes.
Now, you can find her DJing under the global platform, Soulection, and serving as the opening act for everyone from GoldLink to Ja Rule.
You currently live in Chicago. What do you admire about that respective music scene?
I admire the small community of hardworking hustlers. The diversity of talent, and the willingness for one to help and support one another.
What's your favorite song at the moment?
Favorite song at the moment would be Spice by Ravyn Lenae.
What about your favorite song of all-time?
I have so many "favorite songs of all-time." I hate choosing just one, but we'll go with One In a Million by Aaliyah. Every time that song comes on... It's go time.
How are you usually spending your free time?
When I have free time, I'm spending countless hours getting lost in the music digging sauce. I also like to spend my free time working out, cooking, cleaning, and researching artists! I love learning about new artists and producers and their discography of what they've worked on.
What do you think you'd be doing if you weren't working in this industry?
There came a point in my life where I told myself, "There's no other option for me than working in the music industry. I don't know what I want to do, and I don't care what it is, but I know that it's in this industry. There wasn't and there isn't any other option for me. Music is my most heart fulfilling passion, and it's what I know best.
Sahar's Top 10:
- Usher's Confessions - I still listen to this album every day.
- Aaliyah - She's my muse for eternity.
- Serato - The program I DJ on.
- Indiana - Indianapolis, 317, Naptown, born-and-raised.
- Mac Pro-Long Concealer - I stay having bags under my eyes, so I use this concealer every day to help me look awake and alive.
- Disposable Camera - I usually always have a disposable camera with me to grab behind-the-scenes moments.
- Viva La Juicy - This is the perfume I've been wearing every day since the 6th grade.
- Super Rich by Russell Simmons - My favorite inspirational book by one of my favorite, respected guys in the game!
- 2000's R&B - My favorite time and genre in music.
- Scrunchies - I always have a scrunchie on my wrist. It's the only way to hold up my long Persian waves without pulling any hair!