Old Fashioned with Hélène Heath
Hélène Heath is a New York City based consultant, writer, and content creator. She lives in Brooklyn with her husband and dog, Wally. Typically happiest when she's juggling a million projects at once, what truly fuels her fire is fashion, food, and travel.
- Bourbon or rye
- One orange (for the rind)
- Angostura bitters
- Simply syrup
- Optional: Fennel bitters and grapefruit bitters
- Put rocks in a shaker.
- Add 2 oz of bourbon.
- Add a few dashes of the bitters.
- Add splash of simple syrup (to taste).
- Add a piece of orange rind.
- Stir the mixture (do not shake).
- Put rocks in glass.
- Pour drink from shaker into glass.
- Rim glass with another piece of orange rind.