5 O' Clock Friday
Rosemary & Grapefruit Gin Fizz with Lauren Bremer
Lauren Bremer is a hairstylist, a blogger, content creator, lifestyle photographer, and wanna-be interior designer. Her favorite things in life are road trips through the South, exploring thrift stores, late night bike rides, and hosting dinner parties that develop into impromptu dance parties. She spends an embarrassing amount of time drinking way too much coffee and obsessively rearranging the furniture in her apartment. Currently, she spends all of her free time working on the launch of Commune Folk, a lifestyle brand and online goods shop she is building with her husband.
Ingredients for Rosemary Syrup:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs + more for garnish
- Fresh grapefruit slices
Ingredients for Rosemary & Grapefruit Gin Fizz:
- 4 oz fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1 1/2 oz gin
- 1 oz rosemary syrup
- Top with sparkling water or Prosecco
- To make rosemary syrup, combine water, honey, and rosemary in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer, stirring until the honey is totally dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let rosemary infuse for 30 minutes, then strain into an airtight jar (keeps for two weeks refrigerated).
- For each serving, fill a glass with ice, then add grapefruit juice, gin, and rosemary syrup.
- Stir, then top off with sparkling water or Prosecco.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary and a small wedge of grapefruit. Cheers!