As much as we love opals, it's often easy to forget to give them the proper attention and care that they need. Luckily, we've simplified the process, making caring for your opal jewelry as quick and painless as possible.
Read on for our tips for what to do (and not to do) to ensure longevity and lasting wear.
- Clean with warm water and a soft brush.
- Wipe the surface with a damp cloth.
- Store in a padded cloth bag for short periods of time.
- Expose to chemical cleaners.
- Fully soak the stone.
- Store in excessively sunny or dark areas for long periods of time.